Joensuus’ Citizens’ House is a meeting place right in the city central (Torikatu 30). The house operates a Citizens’ cafe Soroppi, internet cafe, SEMPPI-healthcare checkpoint and a bike rental point. Citizens’ house is mainly used by associations and groups as a meeting place, with over a hundred active groups. You can join volunteer work through the associations operating in the house.
Citizens’ house activities include:
- Citizens’ cafe
- Low threshold gym
- Internet cafe, IT-courses and IT-tutoring
- Phone, copying- and printing service
- Quick help mediation
- Bike rentals and maintenance (social pricing)
- Conference space renting
- SEMPPI-healthcare point, including: free blood pressure and blood sugar measurements, cholesterol measurement, bright light treatment and general knowledge about health issues.
- Culture- and other events such as: Citizens’ dance and karaoke, rocking chair quests and expert visits etc.
- Book corner with books and magazines
- Schedule guidance (busses and trains)
- Learning environment
- Possibility to take part in volunteer work
- Free toilet
- Gambling support
- unemployment support
To work as a meeting place.
Encourage social equality.
Ensure the creation of participation, caring, meeting and self-improvement culture.
Support associations and volunteer work.
Help co-operation between the public- and volunteer sectors.
Make the information society available to everyone and offer www-services.
Citizens’ house associations:
Citizens’ house association offices:
Lisäksi tiloja käyttää noin 100 järjestöä ja ryhmää vuosittain