Joensuus’ Citizens’ House is a meeting place right in the city central (Torikatu 30).
Citizens’ house activities include:
- Citizens’ cafe
- Low threshold gym
- Internet cafe
- Copying- and printing service
- Quick help mediation
- Bike rentals and maintenance (social pricing)
- Conference space renting
- SEMPPI-healthcare point, including: free blood pressure and general knowledge about health issues.
- Culture- and other events.
- Book corner with books and magazines
- Schedule guidance (busses and trains)
- Learning environment
- Possibility to take part in volunteer work
- Free toilet
- IT-support and Gambling support
To work as a meeting place.
Encourage social equality.
Ensure the creation of participation, caring, meeting and self-improvement culture.
Support associations and volunteer work.
Help co-operation between the public- and volunteer sectors.
Make the information society available to everyone and offer www-services.